Bodega Luigi Bosca launches the new De Sangre collection
NEW YORK–(COMMERCIAL THREAD) – Argentina’s leading wine producer, Bodega Luigi Bosca, today announces the launch of Luigi Bosca de Sangre, a new collection of wines meticulously selected from the micro-zones and soils of the most prestigious vineyards of Mendoza, resulting in wines with a pure and transparent expression of the terroir of the region.
De Sangre highlights the intimate knowledge of the cellar, its vines, its climate and its soil, accumulated and handed down over four generations for more than 120 years. The result is a collection of wines truly representative of the vineyard, combining know-how, respect and admiration for the terroir of Mendoza.
Founded in 1901 by Leoncio Arizu, Bodega Luigi Bosca rightly named this new range âDe Sangreâ – which means âof bloodâ – as a tribute to their wine and pioneering heritage and to share exceptional wines with their family and friends. special friends.
âThe tradition of family reunions runs in the blood of the Arizu,â says Alberto Arizu Jr, CEO of Bodega Luigi Bosca. âThese special and precious wines were therefore created to celebrate life and share with our loved ones. Luigi Bosca De Sangre is the collection that we choose for pleasure and to express the essence of the passion that defines us.
De Sangre wines reflect the winery’s signature tradition by Alberto Arizu Sr, interpreted in a new style by innovative winemaker Pablo CÃºneo. Thanks to advances in precision agriculture and soil mapping, these wines are carefully crafted to avoid over-extraction of tannins and optimize the expressions of the fruit for a well-balanced wine.
âWe know that the quality of a wine comes from the vineyard itself,â explains Pablo CÃºneo, director of winemaking at Bodega Luigi Bosca. âOur winemaking philosophy is therefore rooted in the constant search for perfect conditions to achieve the best and purest expression of each grape variety. Our goal is to make wines that transform the essence of nature into exceptional and unforgettable creations. De Sangre is a true reflection of the hard work of every member of Bodega Luigi Bosca.
The collection includes a number of Malbecs that the region is known for and also includes world-class cabernet sauvignon, cabernet franc and a red and white blend. The fruit of five years of conceptualization, research and innovation, the new De Sangre range by Luigi Bosca debuts this fall with seven expressive and elegant signature wines, with an authentic character and a strong sense of the terroir, including:
- Luigi Bosca De Sangre Malbec 2018: The stony soils of alluvial origin of these terroirs, located at the foot of the Andes mountain range, are specifically selected for their ability to give this wine structure, purity and a nice tension in the mouth.
- Luigi Bosca De Sangre Malbec DOC 2019: The silty, sandy and stony soil of this terroir, located at the foot of the Andes mountain range, gives a fruity character, roundness and structure, reflecting the essence of Malbec in this ancient terroir of Mendoza. This wine was produced under the Lujan de Cuyo DOC regulations.
- Luigi Bosca De Sangre Cabernet Sauvignon 2018: The balance between the LujÃ¡n de Cuyo terroir and the Uco Valley gives birth to a complex, compact and full-bodied red wine, which perfectly represents the varietal expression of the Mendoza terroir.
- Luigi Bosca De Sangre Cabernet Franc 2018: Luigi Bosca was the pioneer of research on this wine from El ParaÃso, vineyards of MaipÃº, where Cabernet Franc expresses particular virtues. The silty-sandy soil of this terroir offers a very elegant and complex wine with a compact character and a round feel.
- Luigi Bosca De Sangre Malbec Limited Edition 2017: With only 20,000 bottles produced, this Malbec is made from selected vineyard plots at Finca Miralejos, in Paraje Altamira. The stony and limestone soil of this terroir is expressed in the verticality and minerality of this wine, which highlight an extremely floral profile.
- Luigi Bosca De Sangre White Mix 2020: Made from Chardonnay, SemillÃ³n and Sauvignon Blanc from selected vineyards in Las Compuertas, Gualtallary and Tupungato. The balance achieved between its different components results in a very fresh and vibrant wine that expresses the knowledge and experience that Bodega Luigi Bosca has acquired in producing high quality white wines for 120 years.
- Luigi Bosca De Sangre Red Mix 2019: A blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah and a small amount of Merlot from certain parcels of vineyards belonging to wine estates, located in Las Compuertas and Agrelo. The balance obtained from the different terroirs of Lujan de Cuyo gives a true wine representative of this traditional region.
Retailing at a suggested price of $ 24.99 per bottle, the Luigi Bosca De Sangre collection will be available through Frederick Wildman’s distributor network and will be available nationwide at wine retailers and restaurants across the country. For more information, please visit https://luigibosca.com/en/ and https://www.frederickwildman.com/.
ABOUT LUIGI BOSCA
Founded in 1901 by the Arizu family in Mendoza, Luigi Bosca successfully led the wine industry for over 120 years, crafting wines that reflect the pioneering spirit and unique knowledge of its founders, as well as the passion and commitment of its people, complemented by the nature and balance of its original land. The winery’s innovative approach and its determination to achieve excellence have consolidated it as one of Argentina’s benchmark wineries worldwide. In addition, it is considered the ambassador of the peculiarity and elegance of the great wines of Mendoza, through the fusion of four crucial pillars: nature, craftsmanship, science and instinct. Its wines are currently present in more than 60 markets around the world. For more details, please visit www.luigibosca.com.
ABOUT FREDERICK WILDMAN AND SONS
Frederick Wildman and Sons is a New York-based fine wine importer that offers leading properties from France, Italy, Spain, Argentina and other regions. The portfolio includes more than 75 brands, including: Santi, Nino Negri, Lamberti, Pol Roger, ChÃ¢teau FuissÃ©, JJ Vincent, Olivier Leflaive, Famille Hugel, Pascal Jolivet, Chartreuse, Marchesi di Barolo, Domaine Faiveley, as well as Cantine Riunite & Le full portfolio of CIV and Gruppo Italiano Vini wines. For more information, visit https://www.frederickwildman.com/.